Team Resources Manager
Ann Arbor, MI
MC3 Cardiopulmonary is focused on fast becoming a leading medical device developer and manufacturer. With deep roots in patient physiology, hemodynamics, technology, and caregiver needs, the Company is well positioned to deliver intelligent solutions that address critical unmet needs.
Responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: payroll and payroll taxes, benefit administration, employee relations, training, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance, as well as supporting relations with the community and people outside of MC3 who interact with the Company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Develops and implements training for company managers and employees, relating to workplace efficiency, workplace environment, camaraderie, diversity awareness, employment policies and laws, etc. Maintains database for tracking of training per employee.
- Promotes a positive workplace environment, through communication to and among employees, camaraderie development, recognition of company achievements and events important to individuals.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems related to employee matters.
- Works with the CFO to administer the compensation program, including time reporting, payroll processing, simple IRA contributions and payroll tax reporting, including tax forms.
- Manages the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary; makes recommendations to the CEO and CFO regarding employee incentives.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees. Works with the CFO and third-party benefit coordinator to propose changes to employee contributions and benefits offered.
- Calculates and reports all statistics and data with respect to hiring, turnover, accidents, and other HR functions required by MC3 Quality objectives, OSHA and other third parties.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files necessary reports; and maintains other records.
- Maintains the Employee Benefit Center and Administration Sections on the corporate SharePoint site.
- Oversees systems relating to the hospitality of people not employed by MC3 who spend time at the company, including contract employees, collaborators, and other visitors.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program; places advertisements, coordinates interviews, conducts phone references, prepares offer paperwork and coordinates career fair presence.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee phone directory.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Assists the CEO with special projects relating to company function.
Experience and Qualifications:
- BS Degree or demonstrated equivalent proficiency
- Minimum of 5 years job experience in human resources
- Works effectively both independently and as a member of a cross functional project team
- Possesses sound oral and written communication skills
- Capable of handling multiple concurrent assignments
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification or ability to obtain certification within 12 months of hire date.
MC3 offers a full and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and a generous paid time off policy.
Let us know you want to join our team by submitting your resume and letter of interest to [email protected] with “Team Resources Manager” in the subject line.