- Clean Room Assembly Associate
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Product Development Engineer II
- Product Development Engineer III
- Senior Electrical/Software Engineer
- Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Senior Quality Engineer: Supply Chain
- Team Resources Manager
- Technical Production Associate
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Ann Arbor, MI
MC3 Cardiopulmonary is focused on fast becoming a leading medical device developer and manufacturer. With deep roots in patient physiology, hemodynamics, technology, and caregiver needs, the Company is well positioned to deliver intelligent solutions that address critical unmet needs.
We are looking for a dedicated, hard-working and dependable candidate with a positive attitude to join our team as a Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer. Provides technical expertise in the areas of design, development, testing, and layout for new and existing equipment or processes. This position requires a person who is versed in many different facets of engineering for machinery design.
- Responsible for the mechanical and electrical design, drawing, fabrication, commissioning, and operation of new equipment, and improvement of existing equipment
- Work closely with other departments to determine equipment specifics (automation, production, quality, etc…) to ensure a safe, high quality and efficient production environment
- Analyze and determine needs (rates, productivity, quality, etc..) and translate those needs in functional designs and processes
- Perform design calculations and specify materials
- Design equipment according to Codes (safety, ANSI, ISO) and established standard within the organization
- Proper and accurate documentation of all projects including layouts, details, assembly drawings and BOMs
- Produce all detail drawings for construction using Solidworks, AUTOCAD, or Creo Parametric software.
- Present layout and all needed conceptual assembly drawings for project approval
- Supervise construction, installation and start-up of the designed equipment
- Supervise the construction, assembly and commissioning of new machinery and machinery enhancements
- Assist machine shop in troubleshooting design problems in current machinery
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an institution with an accredited engineering program
- 7 to 10 years pertinent experience in machine or equipment design
- Experience with conceptualization, quoting, BOM, and special machine design in a team based environment is required
- Must be proficient in Solid Works, AutoCad, or Creo Parmetric, projects budgeting, and engineering calculations.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical controls and PLC programing
- Must have thorough understanding of OSHA regulations, ensure all designs are compliant with all safety requirements
- Have thorough understanding of machine shop, fabrication, and Quality Control aspects of machine operation
- Knowledge in up to date mechanical components including pneumatic and electrical
- Aware of cost effectiveness
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
Team members enjoy competitive wages and a great benefits package, which includes: medical/dental/vision insurance, retirement match plan, paid time off (PTO), a state-of-the-art brand new, bright & well designed physical work space, discounted fitness membership, company paid events, monthly lunches, and much more.
Let us know you want to join our team by submitting your resume and letter of interest to [email protected] with “Sr Mechanical Design Engineer” in the subject line.