Incoming Inspection and CMM/Vision System Technician
Ann Arbor, MI
MC3 Cardiopulmonary is focused on fast becoming a leading medical device developer and manufacturer. With deep roots in patient physiology, hemodynamics, technology, and caregiver needs, the Company is well positioned to deliver intelligent solutions that address critical unmet needs.
Incoming Inspection and CMM/Vision System Technician will be responsible for writing PC-DMIS programs and executing them. This person will be responsible for product, raw material, packaging and labeling inspections, as well as finished product release approvals. The person in this role will also be responsible for assisting with specification updates, procedure training, the review and approval of Device History Records and any other projects as assigned.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Write programs in PC-DMIS to automate the inspection/measurement process.
- Operate Hexagon Optiv Classic 443 CMM/Vision system for automated inspection of components and one-off measurement of components and features.
- Collaborate with engineering and machine shop staff on the design of measurement gages and holding fixtures.
- Execute gage R&R studies on measurement instruments and CMM holding fixtures.
- Inspect and release raw materials, components, sub-assemblies, and finished devices according to procedure. Will often require use of other inspection tools and SPC charting.
- Compile, verify, and review Device History Records to ensure accuracy and completeness per procedures. Separate into loads for release purposes.
- Complete first article inspections.
- Perform calibration and preventive maintenance duties as needed.
- Write Non-Conformance Reports as needed and participate in investigations.
- Audit In-process records, receiving inspection documentation, final inspection documentation, and other quality or manufacturing data for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain and update Quality system documentation, such as work instructions, procedures, in-process inspection information, and other related documentation
- Assist Product Engineering Department in the evaluation of prototype components.
- Must be capable of communicating with suppliers on dimensional characteristics which are showing trends of instability.
- Assist when needed in document control area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in mechanical engineering technology or equal experience in running and programming a Hexagon Optiv 443 using PC-DMIS.
- Knowledge of geometric tolerances, SPC, SAE handbook usage, gage control programs, quality control procedures and computer would be helpful
- PC-DMIS – programming and operating.
- Hexagon CMM/Vision system (vision system with tactile probe) or similar (Brown&Sharpe, Tesa).
- Reading 2D part prints.
- Use of Minitab a plus.
MC3 offers a full and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and a generous paid time off policy.
Let us know you want to join our team by submitting your resume and letter of interest to [email protected] with “Incoming Inspector – CMM Technician” in the subject line.